Lin-Manuel Miranda’s “Hamilton” is scheduled for 16 performances at the Legacy Arena in Birmingham next year.
According to previous reports, Miranda, who played the main character on Broadway, isn’t performing in the national tour, and audience won’t see actors from the original cast.
A full list of actors for three touring casts can be found on the musical’s website, but it’s unclear which cast will perform in Birmingham.
Tickets for the tour officially went on sale Thursday, Nov. 10 with prices for each show starting at around $50 and going up to about $200 for premium seats.
There is currently a limit of 8 tickets per purchase.
These are tickets that have already been purchased from Ticket Master, providing more seating options that would otherwise not be available.
Seat Geek specifically will let you know if the ticket seller is offering a fair price or not.
The full schedule of dates and times for “Hamilton” in Birmingham is as follows:
- Tuesday, Jan. 24, 2023: 7:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, Jan. 25, 2023: 7:30 p.m.
- Thursday, Jan. 26, 2023: 7:30 p.m.
- Friday, Jan. 27, 2023: 8 p.m.
- Saturday, Jan. 28, 2023: 2 p.m.
- Saturday, Jan. 28, 2023: 8 p.m.
- Sunday, Jan. 29, 2023: 1 p.m.
- Sunday, Jan. 29, 2023: 7 p.m.
- Monday, Jan. 30, 2023: 7:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, Jan. 31, 2023: 7:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, Feb. 1, 2023: 7:30 p.m.
- Thursday, Feb. 2, 2023: 1:30 p.m.
- Thursday, Feb. 2, 2023: 7:30 p.m.
- Friday, Feb. 3, 2023: 8 p.m.
- Saturday, Feb. 4, 2023: 2 p.m.
- Saturday, Feb. 4, 2023: 8 p.m.
What is Hamilton about?
According to the American Theatre Guild, “Hamilton” is the story of America then, told by America now.
Featuring a score that blends hip-hop, jazz, R&B and Broadway, “Hamilton” has taken the story of American founding father Alexander Hamilton and created a revolutionary moment in theatre—a musical that has had a profound impact on culture, politics and education.
With book, music and lyrics by Lin-Manuel Miranda, direction by Thomas Kail, choreography by Andy Blankenbuehler and musical supervision and orchestrations by Alex Lacamoire, “Hamilton” is based on Ron Chernow’s acclaimed biography.
It has since won a Tony®, Grammy® and Olivier Awards, the Pulitzer Prize for Drama and an unprecedented special citation from the Kennedy Center Honors.